Monday, December 8, 2008

I Love Christmas

I decided it would be lovely to get together with some of my friends that I have made thru being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and have a bit of fun. A few people managed to sneak out the door before I took the group photo lol so I will have to be a little quicker next time getting the camera out. It was a shame that a few could not make it but this time of the year people are always busy with Christmas socials etc but hopefully the next fun event we have they will be able to come along as well. We all had a really enjoyable Saturday afternoon playing different games. I decided that with it being Christmas I would make a few prizes to say thanks to my new found friends for helping support my business by being such loyal customers. The first game we played was Bingo and June was the lucky winner of a litte gift bag that had a double rectangle punch inside (picture below), as it turned out she already had the punch so I swaped it for a voucher, she was really thrilled. It is always nice to win something. The second game we played was a quiz about the Stamipin' Up catalogue and I must admit I was very impressed alot of people got most of the answers, I guess I am not the only one that knows heaps about our wonderful products hehe. Anyway Rayleen was the lucky winner of the little brag book (photo above). I have already made one of these that have photos of my little girl in it and have shown people when I do workshops, anyway I have had alot of comments about it so I thought it would be nice to make one and give it away as a prize. It takes along time to make but when the photos have been added it is well worth the time spent making it. The third game we played was a memory game, I placed 20 Stampin' Up items on a tray uncovered it let everyone look for about 1 to 2 minutes and then waited to see just how many things they could remember. I was really impressed because 2 people remembered 19 of the items on the tray followed closely by 18 items. I must admit I would not have done that well myself. Anyway with it being a draw between Rayleen and Bev I asked another question and Bev ended up being the lucky winner, she won a set of stamps. The next person to win a prize needed to be dressed in Christmas colours so once again we had a draw this time between Bev and Poppy so after another question Poppy was the lucky winner. She won a lovely little box I made that had a Jumbo Stampin' Up wheel in it. Wheels are so much fun and I am sure that both Poppy and her mum Lizzie will get alot of use from it. The last challange was everyone was given a piece of cream card and then a selection of coloured cardstock, matching inks, Christmas stamps, punches, glitter etc and everyone was left to create their own card that they could take home with them. When everyone had completed their cards they were put on the table and everyone voted for the one they liked the best. It was a really tough choice as the cards that everyone created were all beautiful but finally after alot of thought Karen was the winner. She made a beautiful waterfall card that is in the centre of the photo. When you pull the ribbon down it shows different pictures including Santa, snowmen and sayings, well done Karen. She won a post-it note holder and a $15 voucher.

1 comment:

SharonD said...

Great looking blog- well done Patrice and Karen!